Friday, November 16, 2012

Drum Roll Please...

 
...The Two Week Weigh-in
 
 
"The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated"~Mark Twain


I Must admit I always wanted to use that quote. The fact that I haven't posted in over a week might be leading some to think that I have abandoned my diet and was now participating in a covert operation to end the labor actions being taken against the Hostess Snack Cake company. Nope, I'm still here and still on my diet. I did participate in a five day trek to NY to check in on my family and assist with the Hurricane Sandy relief efforts. I'll admit, while there, I tossed back a few brews and indulged in some good old New york pizza with my loved ones (hard to get on my high horse about dieting with people clearing the debris from their flooded homes as they offer you THEIR hospitality). I DID take part in some pretty physical work while there, so as I approached the scale the morning, I was hoping that the unplanned libation would be cancelled out by the extra sweat.

Anyway, let's cut to the chase and see how I fared...
 

 
255.2 pounds...
 
...I'll admit, I thought I'd do a few pounds better than 9.2 (12 lbs. was what I was targeting), but I'll take it. I will be stepping up with work outs this weekend. I started with long walks and tomorrow I'm advancing to the elliptical...


...cue the theme from 'Rocky' and stand back!!!

Please donate to Ocean Cure @: http://www.crowdrise.com/tomlewis








No comments:

Post a Comment