Saturday, January 12, 2013

Week 10 Weigh-In...



...Will I Make the Weight????

I can't believe I am this close to the finish of this thing. Just two weeks and 6 days to go. My personal goal is to continue dieting and getting in shape, I'd like to get myself between 185 and 190 pounds as my normal weight. In the mean time, like I had said on my last weigh-in post, I think I have my goal of 40 to 50 pounds covered. The question is, will I end up at the upper end of my goal or the lower?

Now, I will admit, the guy who started this health challenge would've seen the quick reach to the lower end of the goal and taken it as a chance to cruise the rest of the way. But I must say, my early success has fueled my fire. I really want to go as far as I can with this. Why can't I reach the weight I was at as a rookie cop? My last weigh in saw me at 232.4 pounds. I remember first gaining this weight several years back and thinking I never want to be this weight again, never even considering that I would eclipse this total by about 38 more pounds (I was almost 270 about two weeks prior to starting my challenge). The difference these days is, that the 232 I now carrying can jog 5 miles with no problem. I run or machine it 5 times a week, anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour. I walk regularly, do my push-ups and crunches and can actually FEEL myself getting in better shape from week to week. This has truly been a life changer for me.

So here we go, my Week 10 weigh-in...






...well, a little less than what I was hoping for. 4 pounds is 4 pounds though. I know now I am at the point that it will be coming off more slowly. I still have almost three more weeks to lose between 4 pounds to reach 40 pounds and 14 pounds to reach 50 pounds. Like I said before 'old me' might've opted to coast to the 40, but the new me plans to go all out.

Let's see where it takes me...


 Please donate to Ocean Cure @: http://www.crowdrise.com/tomlewis

No comments:

Post a Comment