Friday, January 25, 2013


Week 12 Weigh-In...

The Finish Line Is In Sight...


Has it been 12 weeks already??? This all has exceeded my expectations as far as the weight loss has gone. It's hard to believe that I entered this with any sort of trepidation. I feel like a new person regarding my general health, my energy and confidence have soared and quite frankly, I've had more fun than I could have imagined writing this blog. Thanks to all those who have been following.

This last couple of weeks have been all out as far as my exercise regime has been concerned. While my ruined shoulder has kept me from ever getting serious with weights, I have found a decent substitute by using a modified lumberjack version of a  shortened golfers swing and have been clearing out my property of all the excessive pine trees behind our house. My stubborn Irishness has had me resist my wife's pleas to get a new chainsaw or borrow one from a friend in favor of doing it the old fashion 'manly' way. You'd be surprised how great a workout you can get from swinging an ax and hauling tree sections. It is pretty therapeutic too! Did it make any difference in the loss column though???


Oh, yeah...

219.8 pounds. 8.6 more pounds lost! (I know, maybe if I shaved my legs I could get another pound out of the deal!) This brings my 12 week total to 44.6 pounds. I am officially in my 40 to 50 pound range goal that I set back in October. Mission accomplished, with 6 more days to put some icing on the cake...hmmm...maybe that wasn't the best choice of idioms, but I think you get the point!

So with 6 more days to try to shed a couple of more pounds and put up another post or two, it also gives me 6 more days to accomplish the part of my mission that I feel like I've been failing at...Raising money for Ocean Cure. I will continue to ask, PLEASE donate to this cause. Spread my blog around to whoever you think might benefit from it and whoever you think might be compelled or inspired to donate. Writing this blog is the best way I found that I can contribute in enabling them in their worthy mission. If a donation is within your means to help them to continue what they do, it would be hugely appreciated as well as put to great use. 100 percent of what is donated goes directly to Ocean Cure to pay for the camps that they run.

This is what they did last year, so you can see where your money goes:



Thanks for supporting Ocean Cure!

Please donate to Ocean Cure @: http://www.crowdrise.com/tomlewis

No comments:

Post a Comment