Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Day Late...


...and 6.2 Pounds Short


My 2 week weigh-in was yesterday and while I did weigh myself I failed to post. So for those who were waiting with baited breath, I am happy to report that my 'decline of the waistline' is still in effect. In addition to the elliptical, I have be sprinkling in some 'road work' here and there. Much to my surprise, I banged out 5K on my very first try and my "Clydesdale trot' is at around a 10 minute mile pace..."Run, Fatboy...Run!!!" Needless to say, my cardio improvement has gone beyond my expectations. The only disappointment was that I 'only' lost 6.2 pounds. I guess since I am feeling so good and LOOKING better, I thought it would have been more.

Not to worry though, this doesn't mean a reversion back to my old ways where I'd give up and get a 6 pack of Landsharks, a sack of Wise potato chips and replant my roots on the couch for a day of ESPN. Heck, I went to the garage pantry to get some healthy snacks and my old pal Amos (of the Famous Amos cookie brand) said he almost didn't recognize me...and that after being so close for soooooo many years...it almost hurt!!!

No, while I was hoping for another 10 pound 2 week weigh-in, I am more than happy with the 6.2 and I'm looking even more forward to December 28th's visit to the scale. I feel empowered and healthy for a change.

Donate to Ocean Cure @: http://www.crowdrise.com/tomlewis


No comments:

Post a Comment