Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Thank You One and All...
Tommy and me, Johnny Mercer pier 2003

First blog since the day 90 weigh-in, just letting you all know that I did not gain half of my losses back in a Super Bowl feeding frenzy. Rules WERE bent, diet WAS broken, but I got right back on the horse again yesterday with a 4 then a 5 mile run and have not seen the 'Mr. Snack Jones' character since getting the weekend fill that I rewarded myself with! I am not done with my 'Health Renaissance'. 205 pounds by St. Patrick's is my next goal. 190 by summer should be doable as well. Then finally maintaining this weight and lifestyle thereafter...

 As pleased as I was to report my final weight, I am even more pleased to report that I met my other goal that I set  3 1/2 months ago...I would like to thank all the donors who help me succeed in my other goal. The bar of $1,000.00 was set and eclipsed... $1, 035.00 dollars has been raised as of this posting! Donors from my family, friends that I grew up with in school, old Navy buddies, retired NYPD that I served with and friends from Wilmington and the autism community all stepped up TREMENDOUSLY. The money raised will enable the camps run by Ocean Cure to happen. The expenses incurred maintaining and replacing board, vests, rash guards and other essentials as well as the permits and other incidentals they must pay, add up. These funds help relieve these financial burdens are greatly appreciated. So on behalf of Ocean Cure, myself, my son Tommy, my family and all those who have benefited from what they give back to the Cape Fear community and its visitors...our sincere and humble thanks.

Finally, my blog Shed to Shred, besides being personally enjoyable as well as therepeutic, has received some positive feedback and has had over 2000 post views. While I cannot lay claim to being any sort of autism expert, what I can do is share the experience, insight and perspective of a father dealing with a son with autism and the effects it has over the whole family. (hopefully with the right amounts of intellegence, sensitivity and self-effacing humor to keep it interesting!) Having a son on the spectrum, has been the greatest challenge to the tradional role of a father that I have faced. My hope is that what I share can be useful, whether it be to a father experiencing a similar struggle coming to terms with his childs needs, a mother who is dealing with a child ond the spectrum AND such an aforementioned husband or anyone else who seeks a better understanding of what life can be like in a home affected by autism. I plan to keep blogging and sharing, please feel free to check in on me to help keep me honest! I might change the name of the blog, any suggestions?

Once again, thank you for the support in making this happen. From the encouragement to the prayers to the donations, it has all been greatly appreciated.


Please donate to Ocean Cure @: http://www.crowdrise.com/tomlewis

No comments:

Post a Comment